Marlo is currently seeking an Senior Digital Solution Architect to join our dynamic architecture practice.
The role will entail:
- Working closely with project teams and business stakeholders to define solution architectures that are aligned with architectural principles and patterns and meet business requirements – both functional and non-functional
- Providing guidance and thought-leadership to development teams in relation to modern technologies and approaches, including APIs, microservices, containers, serverless and event-driven architectures
- Assisting in the scoping and shaping of technology projects from inception through to business case definition, ensuring stakeholders share a common understanding of benefits, risks, costs and timelines
- Presenting solution architectures to stakeholders at all levels, articulating architectural decisions and solution trade-offs
- Providing governance, oversight and expertise to projects throughout the development lifecycle
- Being a trusted adviser to business and IT teams, providing thought-leadership in resolving technology challenge
The successful candidate:
- Has at least 5 years’ experience as a digital solution architect
- Has at least 5 years’ experience in a software development role, ideally including experience developing integration solutions
- Maintains working familiarity with digital technologies and trends, including APIs, microservices, containers, serverless computing, cloud services (IaaS, PaaS)
- Is conversant with cyber-security principles, concepts and key technologies and standards
- Is familiar with software development processes, Agile and DevOps principles and practices
- Is experienced in defining architectures to meet business requirements, mindful of standards, principles and constraints and, in particular, is comfortable assessing and recommending trade-offs to ensure solutions are fit-for-purpose
- Has a working knowledge of the architecture development lifecycle and key concepts including requirements traceability, option analysis and architecture debt
- Has proven experience in providing architectural governance and managing changes or granting exemptions to meet evolving business needs
- Has proven experience in documenting complex architectures in a mix of tools from online wiki’s to traditional word documents.
- Understands and is able to express complex technological concepts and solutions to non-technical stakeholders
- Is comfortable communicating with clients and colleagues at all levels, including peers, managers and executives
- Is able to manage stakeholders with differing styles and personalities in an effective and professional manner
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable in dealing with unknowns and abstract concepts
- Is self-driven and able to effectively manage time in the face of demanding deadlines
- Preferably has experience in a variety of industries, including the financial sector
Benefits & Perks:
- A culture that is passionate, collaborative, and diverse
- Become a valued Marlo Senior Consultant with the support of an experienced team
- Excellent learning and professional development opportunities
- Competitive salary, incentives and exposure to new technologies
- Flexible working arrangements
Open to permanent and/or contract employment to Australian Citizens/PR holders.
Strictly no agencies/recruitment companies.